Command-line version binary
Windows installation currently requires Visual C++ 2017 Build Tools.
The following installation methods are supported:
- Build the binary from a local copy on Linux and macOS
- Build the binary from a local copy on Windows
- Build the binary with
makeon Linux (CPU only)
- Build the binary with MPI support from a local copy (GPU only)
GPU system requirements
The built versions of CatBoost have GPU support out-of-the-box.
Devices with compute capability 3.0 and higher are supported in compiled packages.
Training on GPU requires NVIDIA Driver of version 418.xx or higher.
The command-line version of CatBoost for CUDA with compute capability 2.0 can be built from source. In this case the following steps are required:
- Step 2 of the Build the binary from a local copy on Linux and macOS operation.
- Step 2 of the Build the binary from a local copy on Windows operation.
- Some training parameters are missing but will be added in future releases
- Multiple train runs with the same random seed may result in different formulas because of the float summation order